Need Help with A Debt Collection Lawsuit or Creditor Abuse?
Our Firm is Dedicated to Defending Consumers
The Langel Firm is dedicated to defending consumers against debt collection lawsuits, judgment enforcement, and
collection abuse. Whether you've received a summons, a
bank restraint ("freeze"), or a
wage-garnishment notice, you need a firm that understands procedural law, consumer law, contract law, debt-collection regulation, credit-reporting law, and process-service regulation.
Our dedication to debt-defense law is reflected by the following achievements and activities:
- Jesse Langel was handpicked as a "top three" consumer lawyer in New York (3BestRated.com)
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Appearance in SuperLawyers magazine
- Rated "Excellent" by Avvo.com
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy
- Study and practice of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and the Fair Credit Reporting act (FCRA)
- Study and practice of judgment-enforcement procedure (bank restraints, wage garnishments, and levies)
- Jesse Langel has an advanced law degree (LL.M.) in Taxation
We thoroughly investigate the facts, attack bad service of papers, and challenge the admissibility of all evidence. Since many of our clients are suffering from bank restraint or wage garnishment, we take swift action to protect exempt money (i.e. income earned, unemployment, retirement, and Social Security) while resolving the underlying judgment. We are happy to negotiate or litigate on your behalf. We do so with your financial security and credit-health as our objective.
Are you experiencing collection mistreatment? Contact The Langel Firm today at (888) 271-7109.
Fight Debt Collectors, Wage Garnishments, and Frozen Bank Accounts
At our firm, we fight against the devastating effects of money / default judgments and sue debt collectors for violating collection laws such as the
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Consumers are simply unaware of powerful laws available to protect them! Mr. Langel and the firm provide a cutting-edge legal defense against collectors at an affordable cost while exposing collector abuse that may result in creditors having to pay
In response to unfair, deceptive, and sloppy collection practices, The Langel Firm brings separate federal and state lawsuits against collectors and lawyers to remedy collection abuse and
credit reporting violations. Do you
know your rights? Let us help you protect your money and credit history!
The Langel Firm defends against debt collection lawsuits battling all types of debt including:
Let us help you stop garnished wages and release
frozen bank accounts caused by the devastating effects of money / default judgments. In many cases, this may have been caused by law-breaking process servers who failed to deliver
notice to you in the first place! At any time before, during, or after a debt lawsuit, we can help. Important rights must be raised at the first communication between you and the debt collector.
So call us at (888) 271-7109 for a free consultation right away.
Creditor Harassment and Unfair Collection Lawsuits in NYC
Even if you owe a debt, don't get bullied by a debt collector! City, state, and federal laws exist to protect you. Collectors can be held strictly liable for doing certain acts, such as:
- Call family, friends, or neighbors to collect a debt
- Insult, yell, or harass you
- Call your workplace
- Mislead or deceive you with confusing letters or calls
- Misrepresent the amount or ownership of the debt
- Sue you without meaningful attorney review
- Sue you in a county other than where you live
- Intentionally sue you at a wrong address
- Sue you without ownership of the debt or for the wrong amount
- Place inaccurate information on your credit reports
Not only can you recover money for the above violations but the collector may be required to pay your legal bills. If you have experienced any of the above, or sense that you've been treated unfairly, call our firm immediately request a free initial consultation were we can discuss your situation together.
Fight back against aggressive creditors! Contact a NYC debt collection defense attorney from the firm today!
Our Firm's Convenient Location:
225 Broadway #700
New York, New York 10007
Phone: (888) 271-7109
Collection Law Firms We Often Battle
Cohen & Slamowitz, LLP / Forster and Garbus, LLP / Mel S. Harris & Associates, LLC / Lacy Katzen LLP / Malen & Associates, P.C. / Pressler and Pressler, LLP / Rubin & Rothman, LLC / Sharinn & Lipshie, P.C. / Zwicker & Associates, P.C. / Houslanger & Associates, PLLC / Mullooly, Jeffrey, Rooney & Flynn, LLP