Jesse Langel, Esq.
Jesse Langel is an impassioned consumer attorney dedicated to defending consumers sued by debt collectors and collection lawyers. Mr. Langel is admitted to practice in New York state and federal court. He is a member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates and the Federal Bar Council.
Mr. Langel has developed a niche law practice that is able to deliver high quality litigation services to New York consumers, partially because of The Firm's customized payment plans.
Melissa K. Flores, Esq.
The Langel Firm proudly announces the addition of attorney Melissa K. Flores.
Melissa's highly relevant background in consumer protection, civil rights, and social justice is proving to further our core mission of advancing marketplace justice.
Melissa has earned her law degree from New York Law School, and is currently a member of the New York State Bar, and the New Jersey State and Federal Bars.
Before joining us, Melissa dedicated her talents to
- Aiding the Attorney General Consumer Frauds Bureau to prosecute cases against businesses in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and New York Deceptive Acts and Practices law (2012);
- Protecting disabled adults residing in adult homes. Melissa worked with MFY Legal Services to collaborate with class-action litigators to help affect real social change (2010-2011);
- Safeguarding women's reproductive rights for the Center for Reproductive Rights-U.S. Legal Program where she helped ensure women's access to constitutionally guaranteed access to reproductive health care (2011);
- Advocating for low-income plaintiffs in civil rights cases involving school desegregation and Title VII employment discrimination actions (2011);
- Mediating disputes in Housing Court and ensuring the representation of incapacitated tenants by Guardians Ad Litem. (Honorable Bruce Scheckowitz, 2010).
At our Firm, Melissa uses her litigation experience to defend debt lawsuits, overturn judgments, settle debts, and bring actions against debt buyers and collection lawyers.